Monday, November 17, 2008

Just Haven't Blogged Lately!

Well I just noticed I haven't blogged anything in a while so I thought I might could come up with something....lol
I am so glad clinicals are over this semester! That means one more day out of the week to study for upcoming tests...PLUS I don't have all the paperwork to do. So I have really gained a lot of extra time that I really can use! I have class Tuesday then I am off until the Tuesday following Thanksgiving. In addition to getting some extra study time I am hoping to get some relaxation and maybe some Christmas shopping done. I remember last year I did not buy the first gift or even put up the tree until after finals....don't really know about when our tree will go up this year, but whenever it does, rest assured that Jeremy will be the one doing it! I thinks he likes to do it anyways.....he always puts the lights on and then helps the kiddos put the ornaments on. So what will it matter if he is the one that puts it together as well? :-)
I am having, or should I say Daniel is having a hard time with classes this year. I do not know what is going on, nor do I know what I should do to help him. We have tried just about everything short of changing schools and I don't know but what maybe we should try that next. But, that issue is driving me nuts!! Big time STRESS!! I won't go into any more details, but just say a little prayer for Daniel...he needs it!
I am looking forward to Christmas break as well....all of us at home will be great! Just not having to get up and get the children ready will be a nice break. Of course our break will be chopped full of activities so I know it will be busy. At least Jeremy is back to work in Fort Payne and on 1st shift...thank God for that! I am not sure what his Christmas & New Year schedule is, but I know he will be off a bit.
I have to be deciding who I want to precept with this Spring semester....3 different Nurses have offered...I just have to make up my mind where I want to precept. I have to choose a Nurse and work along with her on her shift for 90 hrs this next semester. This is in addition to our regular classes and our regular clinicals. Plus we have paperwork to go along with it. It really sounds like extra work, but I am looking forward to it. Not only do I need to decide what hospital I want to precept at, I have to decide what area of that hospital I wish to precept in. The three areas I am debating on is: ER, ICU, & the Med/Surg floor. I really want to go where is best for me...pray about that too!
I am off to bed! 5:30 will be here before I know it. Daniel has a BB game tomorrow night and there will be a pep-rally during the last period of school so my day will be cut short tomorrow. I will be so tired by the time I get into bed tomorrow night. Have a great week!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

What school are your kids at? I will be praying for Daniel... trust me I understand! I will be praying for your decision to be where God would have to work in. I have 2 more classes in the spring and I will have my masters complete. It has taken me forever!!!! I wish I had done it before kids, but I wouldn't take anything for them! Glad to hear that you have felt/experienced the same things about "cutting the cord" as I have... makes me feel so much better! Scott walked just a bit yesterday!!!! It hurt but he did it! thanks for your prayers!