Monday, October 27, 2008

For a Good Cause

I had really good intentions of studying all day, but I haven't got started yet and it's 3:30!! But I have a really good reason today...our nursing class is having a bake sale tomorrow to raise money for breast cancer awareness. I have been in the kitchen most of the day. It shouldn't have taken me that long but I knew I would need 2 batches (Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies..yum yum). If I was to bake some for a bake sale and not bake Jeremy any, he would be upset...lol

Well, my first batch didn't turn out like I wanted so I ended up cooking 3 batches! Then I had to package 1 batch to sell. It turned out good though...I wrapped a couple of cookies and tied it up with a pink bow. Cute! But I am telling you, saran wrap is not a good thing to work with if you are even a little bit OCD....haha! This is for a really good cause so I don't think it will hurt me too much to give up a little of my time today :-)

And I am doing the low carb diet.... a friend has lost a lot on it and my clinical instructor has too. So I thought I may as well give it a shot! I haven't checked to see if I have lost any weight...I have only been doing it for a little over a week. I am spilling ketones though so that means I am burning fat...hope the lbs will start to come off!! BUT, I absolutely LOVE chocolate oatmeal cookies and I didn't eat the first one!! YAY ME! Now if I can do just as good tomorrow when all the other goodies are there....we'll see.

I am off to get busy...Jeremy called and said he will cook supper so I can get in some study time tonight. He is such a sweetheart! Gotta love him!

It's supposed to get cold so everyone stay warm...have a great week!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

simply beautiful children..... your baby girl is precious! Jeremy still looks the same... lol

Why is it that I look so much older than you... and I am the youngest. No fair!! :)

Wish I had some of those cookies.. they sounded wonderful.
Hope you did well on the bake sale and with your diet!

K. Tilley said...

Hey Sherry, I just found your blog. Girl, if I don't quite finding blogs my butt's gonna get even bigger from sitting in front of this computer on the week-ends. Glad I found yours. Sounds like nursing school is going great, so glad you are doing this. I may apply next year, will just have to wait and see, I still have 3 more basic classes to get behind me.
If I do, I will be calling on you for help! Gotta go, see ya! Kerri

sherry said...

Karri, I could not figure out how to find your blog...this is new to me and I don't have the patience to figure it out! But anyways, you can call me anytime!! And I would recommend the program...I LOVE it. I guess it helps that I am about to graduate, but I have enjoyed it from day one. Good luck with whatever you choose!!