Friday, January 2, 2009

Anna Beth ...Rest in Peace

Everyone please say a prayer for the Dobbs family. Kathy and Sam both teach/taught @ NACC. Mrs. Dobbs was the speech teacher until her daughter got sick and Mr. Dobbs teaches computer classes. They are very good people and they discovered their daughter, Anna Beth, had cancer about a year and a half ago. I am thinking she is around my oldest's age and he will be 13 this month. She had a hard struggle, but she passed away yesterday in the hospital @ B'ham. Even though the Drs had told the family some time ago she was terminal, this has got to be devastating! They also have another child, Daniel, who is younger than Anna Beth. I have heard he is having an extremely hard time dealing with this. This was just on my heart this morning and I wanted to ask everyone to say a prayer for this family. This is just another reminder of how precioius our children are. The summer I had speech was 2006 and I remember Mrs. Dobbs and I talking about her children quite a bit....that was the summer before the diagnosis. No one could have imagined what was in store of them. So say a prayer for that family and go hug your own children....I know I am!
LoVe :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet of you, Sherry, to commemorate Anna Beth. I teach speech at NACC too, so I know Kathy well as a co-worker and I know this is the worst thing in her life - to lose her daughter. I just wanted to let you know that Daniel, the Dobbs' son is actually about two years OLDER than Anna Beth. You are right that this is very hard for him, though. I know they appreciate our prayers.

sherry said...

That's right, Daniel is older...this must be so hard for him. It just breaks my heart!

Anonymous said...

Found your blog looking up info on Anna Beth Dobbs. I am friends with some friends of her parents and so many people have been praying for them. Thanks for posting the prayer request.
My friends are going up tomorrow for the funeral. So sad!